Friday, July 9, 2021

Frankie and Amelia - Review


By: Cammie McGovern

Genre: Children, Fantasy, Fiction

Publication Date: October 26, 2021, by HarperCollins

Rate: ♥♥♥♥

Source: NetGalley


Book Summary:

After being separated from his family, Franklin becomes an independent cat, until he meets a goofy dog named Chester. Chester is a service dog to his person, a boy named Gus, and Chester knows just the girl to be Franklin’s person—Gus’s classmate Amelia.

Amelia loves cats but has a harder time with people. Franklin understands her, though, and sees how much they have in common. When Amelia gets into some trouble at school, Franklin wants to help the girl who’s done so much to help him. He’s not sure how, yet, but he’s determined to try.

This sweet and moving novel demonstrates how powerful the bond between pets and people can be, while thoughtfully depicting a neurodivergent tween’s experience.

My Thoughts:

This is a super cute story about a cat who loses his family but wanders into a new one.

I enjoyed the story and the characters but felt like it could have had more to the ending. It felt like I was reading along and then it was finished. It felt like there was more to tell. But I still enjoyed it and would recommend it.
 

There is also I first book I was unaware of called Chester and Gus. I'll definitely be picking this up to read about their story.

I gave it 4 hearts because it just didn't rate staying up all night to read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment