Sunday, June 27, 2021

A Portrait of Ash & Lace - Review

 


By: Sofia Aves

Genre: Romance, Fantasy 

Publication Date: May 21st 2021, by Perfectly Poisoned Press

Rate: ♥♥♥♥

SOURCE: NetGalley


Book Summary:

An endless ocean. A ship full of women she’s never seen before. A small wooden box containing the remnants of her life.

Clutching her few belongings Gisella is shipped to strange shores to meet an unknown husband.

Sebastian.

Sold and abandoned by her father into a nunnery, Gisella sails to the shores of New Orleans with her sister Casket Girls to provide French wives for the gentlemen of the fledgling city.

A gentleman husband of her own and an uncertain future.

Passengers whisper that the filles a la cassette are vampyre. But while the girls laugh at such silly superstition, they disguise their own fears that they are to be brides of such a monstrosity.


My Thoughts:

This was a quick read for me as it's only 139 pages. I enjoyed the story and was able to read the entire thing in an afternoon. I loved Giselle's attitude as she embraced life and tried to see things in a positive light. She had an I can deal with this attitude. I liked the twists and turns the book took and the outcome.

I gave it 4 hearts as I enjoyed the entire story and I would recommend it to a friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment